Saturday, September 22, 2007

Spinach Dip Recipe

This is one of my favorite recipes. It is spinach dip made from Knorr's Vegetable Recipe Mix.
I will give directions according to the package with one exception. Southern cooks use Duke's mayonnaise!!!

Knorr Spinach Dip

1 package (10 oz.) baby spinach, chopped or 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
and squeezed dry - I use frozen
1 container (16 oz.) sour cream
1 cup Duke's mayonnaise
1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
1 can (8 oz.) water chesnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
3 green onions, chopped (optional)
Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours.
Serve with your favorite dippers.

I have made this with everything, without the onions, without the chesnuts. Just depends on what I have on hand and if it is for me or an occasion! I have also hollowed out a round piece of bread and put the dip in there and it makes a nice presentaion. Serve with the pieces of bread hollowed out, or chips. Whatever you like. Enjoy!




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this dip too. am copying everybodys post this week!

Wendy said...

Also another mmmmmmmm. I love this with pretzels! OH my! Great pics!

Brewton Girl said...

I've done this before, it's very good!

Nancy S. said...

That is some good stuff. Amy makes it sometimes. Wish I had some now!

AmyWhit said...

Riley even likes this one! Love it!