Thursday, September 6, 2007

Are you ready for some football?

Ok, so this is my hubby back in the day when he use to play for Beaufort High. I am posting this because he has such a love for his sports, especially football. He and his dad have followed Beaufort High since forever ago!
Anyway, the moral to this is that I try to go to the home games to please him, of course. I have gotten better about it over the past couple years. I actually bought a cowbell from the John Deere store in Tennessee this past April (lighter green than the teams colors, but I like John Deere!). I have accumulated a lady friend, about 6 years younger than me, but she is another die-hard fan's girlfriend. We have decided to go to tomorrow's game against Goose Creek in Charleston. We are going to venture there after work. But I am so excited about going with another woman to have girlie conversations. Jimmy is soooo excited too! I am sure it will be fun. I can't believe I am going to say this, but Go Eagles! ( Still a Rebel at heart! Go THA!!)

5 comments:

Southern Sweets said...

Girl, you know I used to be just like you. I had to "pretend" to like football come Gamecock time. Now that I have a child playing, I LOVE FOOTBALL!!!!!GO COCKS!!!(and Burton Raiders! We have our first game on Saturday.)

Anonymous said...

I guess everybody has the "Football Fever" Hope you enjoy your night out!

Shelia said...

Enjoy the game Kim! You'll have a blast! I've never really been into college teams. So I'll say...GO PATRIOTS! LOL

Of course I think our little men could give any of them a run for their money! They could just duck right under their legs and go for the TD! Erin you are so right about loving it with the boys playing.

AmyWhit said...

Guess I'm the odd woman out. I can't really say that football does a thing for me. I'd much rather attend a baseball game. Have fun at the game though (er...or I guess I should say, I hope you had fun at the game!).

Brewton Girl said...

Hope you enjoyed your girl time and keeping rooting for those rebels!!